Sunday, June 30, 2013

Project 1-3: Recreate the Lost Belt Piece

I was not a happy camper when I realized that I didn't have the belt pattern piece to this Simplicity 7377 skirt pattern for my first challenge project

 

 I had such a great belt buckle...I just had to recreate the belt.  As you can see, the belt (C) is curved rather than straight (which would have been easy), because it falls below your waist.

1.  I figured the easiest way to recreate the belt was to copy the facings at the skirt waistband.


  2.  It ended up being easier than I thought -- I just added extra length, cut it out and made a point at one end.  I used medium interfacing and it worked great.


I turned the belt, ironed it nice and flat, sewed topstitching and handsewed the buckle to the flat end.  Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting but please don't comment anonymously. If you don't have a Google ID, you can simply enter your name or any nickname you like under the Name/URL option. (Entering a URL is optional.) Thanks so much!