Sunday, November 3, 2013

Metallics Rule

Metallic fabrics seem to be all over the place in Las Vegas.  I love the textured metallics, like this quilted one.

I can easily see this fabric used in several projects (all purse related, of course):  Like the body of an owl, or coupled with a flat fabric to give it more umph this is cross fabric example.



Plus, there's an added consideration with this cross fabric.  It's white, which means dirt.  So if I were to use this, I'd use it sparingly, and make sure it was in the part of the purse that would generate the least traffic.  Here's the two fabrics side by side and I love the contrast!



Here's a fabric I love that looks like it has an impressionistic painting. See the burnished metallic gold to the left of the brunette?  It's not loud, mind you, but it takes the fabric from okay to cool!



This above is an example of a fabric that's so rich, it needs to have another fabric to tone it down, to bring out its beauty.  And because this fabric has metallic gold in it already, I think the following spotted metallic would look really cool as a border.


We're getting there---but now I think we need a solid.  hmmmm.


Of course!  Look how cool it is to sew all three fabrics together (I love Powerpoint).  What a great way to bring out the beauty of this painting fabric!


What are your ideas for this painting fabric?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting but please don't comment anonymously. If you don't have a Google ID, you can simply enter your name or any nickname you like under the Name/URL option. (Entering a URL is optional.) Thanks so much!